Nowadays, some mechanically slaughtered chickens are being labeled as Halal Certified (by a Muslim organization) and are being sold as such in Halal food stores and in the Halal meat sections of some supermarkets.
The following are fatwas and comments by prominent Islamic scholars and renowned Islamic organizations regarding mechanical slaughter in Islam:
– Shaykh Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari (English)
– Mufti Ebrahim Desai (English)
– Jamiatu-Ulama-e-Natal (English)
– Justice Mufti M. Taqi Usmani Member Shariat appellate Bench, Supreme Court of Pakistan; Deputy Chairman, Islamic Fiqh Academy (OIC) Jeddah; Vice-President, Darul-Uloom Karachi, Pakistan. (Urdu)
– Mufti Allah Bakhsh Jami’at ul Uloom il Islamiyyah, Allama Banuri Town, Karachi, Pakistan (Urdu)
Before purchasing a product made from “Halal” chickens, you may want to find out if it’s slaughtered by machine or not.
Please let us have your opinion by completing this poll: Machine Slaughter vs Hand Slaughter.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.